Kauai Dog Park on the North Shore
The North Shore Kauai Dog Park was built by the local community and is open from dawn to dusk year-round.
The park is privately funded, designed and built by the Kauai North Shore Community Foundation, with no city, county or government funding. It is located in the Wai Koa Plantation in Kilauea where the dogs have a comfortable place to run off-leash, exercise and socialize. The park is open to the public and free to use. The dog park is also ADA-accessible, and features double-gated entries into separate play spaces for large and small dogs.
The dog park was created by a gift from a local anonymous donor who wished to establish a dog park through the Foundation and has been a major supporter since. It is located on land generously donated for use by Bill and Joan Porter; and built and sustained by donors and volunteers. With materials donated by Shawn & Mark Hurt, the North Shore Lions Club built two shade structures on the dog park, providing relief for the dog park guests from the hot sun and frequent rain showers.
The annual “Strut Your Mutt” is a fun social event for dogs and friends. The event is also a fundraiser to care for the North Shore Kauai Dog Park for an entire year and sustain a reserve fund for future repairs and annual maintenance. You too can support the North Shore Kauai Dog Park with a tax-deductible donation payable to the Kauai North Shore Community Foundation and mailed to: Kauai North Shore Community Foundation, Dog Park, PO Box 223381, Princeville, HI 96722.
For more info visit https://knscf.org/dog-park
Please keep the park clean, friendly and safe for everyone. Use the park with respect, aloha, and at your own risk. If you enter the fenced area, you assume the risk that you or any children may be harmed by a dog.
- Please clean up after your dog.
- No dogs without people. No people without dogs.
- Watch your dogs at all times. Discourage barking and digging. If your dog digs a hole, fill it in.
- NO spike, prong or pinch collars. However, your dog must wear a collar or harness in the park at all times.
- No aggressive dogs. Do not let your dog pester or mount other dogs. Watch for signs of aggression.
- Puppies under 4 months, dogs in heat, and dogs with parasites, open wounds, or in ill health are not allowed. Closely monitor un-neutered males.
- IF your dog gets into a fight, exchange contact information and leave the park. You are responsible for any injury caused by your dog.
- Bring children at your own risk. Children under 10 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Dogs must be on leash at all times outside the park.
- Smoking, alcohol, glass containers, people food and dog treats are not allowed in the park.
The Kauai Dog Park on the North Shore is located 5445 Kahiliholo Road, at the entrance to Wai Koa Plantation.